Text Size Print
Longwood University combines a private university experience with the affordability of a state university.
A state-assisted, co-educational university, Longwood offers students a choice of more than 100 undergraduate majors, minors and concentrations.
Graduate programs include business, education, English, sociology and communication sciences & disorders.
Honors & Awards
- Ranked among the best in the 2014 U.S. News & World Report "U.S. News Best Colleges" rankings. Longwood ranks #12 in the Top Public Schools category for Regional Universities in the South and #31 among all Regional Universities in the South, including private institutions.
- Recognized as one of the "Best Southeastern Colleges" by Princeton Review for 2014 and selected as one of 75 public institutions to be featured in its book, Best Value Colleges: 2013 Edition.
- For the fourth time, Longwood is included in Forbes' America's Top Colleges 2013, a list of more than 600 undergraduate institutions.
Fitness & Wellness
Longwood's health and physical education facilities offer a wide range of activities and resources including:
- a pool
- dance studio
- athletic training lab
- exercise science lab
- 3,000-seat gymnasium
- nine tennis courts
- nine-hole golf course
- 30-foot rock climbing wall
- indoor track
- basketball and racquetball courts
- weight training equipment