Application Procedures for International Students
To complete an application for admission follow these steps:
1) Complete and submit the online international application. Submit $50 application fee, which is payable by credit card during completion of the online application.
2) Send records and any leaving certificate scores from all secondary and post-secondary institutions with certified English translations and evaluations with explanation of grading system/scale. These may be submitted any of the following ways:
- Scan and e-mail to Molly McSweeney, Assistant Director of International Admissions and Recruitment, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax to (001) 434-395-2332.
- Mail to:
201 High Street
Farmville, VA 23909
3) For non-native speakers of English, submit either*:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report with a minimum score of 550 (paper test) or 79/80 (Internet) (Longwood institutional code: 5368)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report with scores of 6.5 or higher
4) Using the above contact information, download, complete, and submit the Financial Certification Form, along with official bank statements.
5) Using the above contact information, submit a copy of the information page in your passport.
Longwood has an English as a Second Language program and can offer conditional undergraduate admissions to applicants who do not have qualifying scores.
Native speakers of English will be contacted by the International Recruiter and Admissions Counselor to determine which additional standardized test scores may be required.
*TOEFL/IELTS requirement is waived for applicants who have earned an International Baccalaureate diploma.
The application will not be considered complete until the Financial Certification Form, application fee, school transcripts, and required test scores are received in the office.