The Cole Challenge... Will You Accept?
Dr. Cole’s love of the arts at Longwood was underscored recently when he issued a challenge gift with the goal of funding a full-time position in collections management at the Longwood Center for the Visual Arts. Recognizing the importance of managing and protecting the works of art given to the university, Dr. Cole gave the LCVA $125,000 with a challenge to raise an additional $165,000 to create an endowment for a permanent full-time collections manager and to fund a part-time position for three years while the fund matures.
This endowed position will be responsible for the management, care, conservation, and stewardship of the works of art held by Longwood University. To date, the challenge has reached $129,156, so we are almost there. If you would like to make a contribution to the fund, please contact Courtney Hodges, Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations at 434.395.2823 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Cook-Cole College of Arts and Sciences
- From Omaha Beach to Longwood
- The Cole Challenge... Will You Accept?
- The Longwood Revolution of '76
- Longwood Men at Work
- Longwood Gentlemen Leaders in Public Education
- Sustaining Democracy in the Global Age
- Call Me Mister
- Not Your Grandmother's Library
- The Art of Giving
- Walter Witschey Comes to Longwood
- Coeducation and Men's Athletics at Longwood
- John Wiggins - From Citizen Leader to Business Leader
- Peter and Phyllis Pruden: Giving for the Future