Terry Challenge Doubles The Impact of The Annual Fund
Nancy Patterson Terry, '90, and her husband, Michael, doubled the impact of gifts made to the Longwood Fund in May by fulfilling a dollar-for-dollar matching gift pledge of $25,000. The challenge, which was issued to Longwood alumni, parents, and friends, was so successful that the Longwood Fund earned more than $50,000 in May - surpassing our highest expectations!
"Seeing Longwood grow by leaps and bounds strengthens the pride we feel and, despite the current economic conditions, instills a desire to help ensure a promising future," said Nancy and Michael. The Terry's sponsorship of the Challenge inspired 283 alumni, parents, and friends to make gifts to the Longwood Fund - gifts that will have an even greater impact due to the Terrys' generosity.
Nancy holds a B.S. in social work from Longwood while Michael holds a B.A. from the University of Virginia (1986), a J.D. from Washington & Lee University (1989), and a LL.M. from Georgetown University (1991). Nancy is a Realtor with Roy Wheeler Realty Company and stays involved with Longwood as a member of the Foundation Board, and Michael runs his own wealth management firm.
To encourage support for the Terry Challenge, Tom Bailey, '84, hosted a special alumni calling event in mid-May at his business, People Solutions, in Richmond. "The Terry Challenge was just what many people needed to know their support makes a difference," said Bailey. "Hosting the alumni calling event was my way of showing that I support the Longwood Fund and this great challenge." C.G.
On the Cover
- Lancers Achieve Finest Division 1 Year Yet During 2008-09
- Athletics & Academics: Perfect APR
- 2008-09 Athletics Banquet Award Winners
- Janet Grubbs Retires
- Alums Marcus & Sheffield Lead Longwood Boards
- Longwood Endorses Grow by Degrees Campaign
- LCVA Receives Top Honors in National AAM Competition
- Terry Challenge Doubles the Impact of The Annual Fund
- Longwood University Honored with Three Virginia PRSA Awards
- Jerome Kersey, '84, Inspires Graduates