Office of Sponsored Programs and Research
Welcome To The Office Of Sponsored Programs! Where We Turn Ideas To Realities!
The Office of Sponsored Programs & Research works to further. The research, service, and scholarly activities among Longwood faculty and staff by helping them to identify, secure, and manage external funding. The goal of the Office is to support programs that advance the mission and enhance the reputation of Longwood University while benefiting students, faculty, staff, and the greater community. External funding can support student-faculty collaborative research, build interdisciplinary faculty projects, enhance service-learning initiatives and curriculum development projects.
The Office of Sponsored Programs & Research is available to assist interested faculty and staff with the following:
- Identifying funding opportunities
- Developing and reviewing proposals and project budgets
- Completing standard applications forms
- Assuring compliance with federal regulations
- Negotiating grant awards and contracts
- Managing post-award procedures and reporting
The Office of Sponsored Programs & Research also works closely with the Office of Foundation and Corporate Relations to identify funding opportunities available through private and corporate foundations.