Lancer CA$H Account
The Lancer CA$H account is a prepaid debit account designed for the Longwood University Community. The account is placed directly on your Lancer Card. Participation is open to any student, faculty, or staff member.
How it Works
Having a Lancer CA$H Account added to your Lancer Card provides the flexibility and convenience of a debit card to use at on and off campus locations. It relieves your need to carry cash or visit an ATM every time you need lunch money - making your money secure. It also provides an alternate way to pay when credit card services may be experiencing issues.
You will receive your remaining balance at the time of each transaction. Your balance will display on the reader or be printed on your receipt. You can also manage your account online or come in to the Lancer Card Center for a report. Money can be added any time by various methods of payment such as cash, personal checks, money orders, traveler's checks, MasterCard or Visa. Your LancerCard has your picture on it so you'll never need to worry about anybody using your card except you. It's that easy!
There are no transaction or set-up fees and no minimum balance requirements. You save money!
The Lancer CA$H account is placed on your Lancer Card (Longwood ID card). The account works like an electronic checking account.
Whenever you make a purchase, your card is swiped through the card reader and the purchase amount is automatically deducted from the balance in your prepaid account. The cashier ends each transaction by checking your balance for you.
When you're running low at any time during the semester, you may add money to your account (minimum deposit amounts may be required).
Making a Deposit
There are a variety of ways to make a deposit to the Lancer CA$H account:
- In person at the Lancer Card Center, room G22 Lancaster Hall ~ $1 minimum deposit. (Cash, personal checks, money orders, traveler's checks, MasterCard and Visa)
- Online through the Manage My Account link ~ $5 minimum deposit. (MasterCard and Visa)
- Add-Value Station, located in Lankford Hall. (Cash only)
- Add-Value Station, located in Greenwood Library. (Cash only)
- By mailing a check, including the student's L number and name, to the following address:
201 High Street
G22 Lancaster Hall
Farmville, VA 23909
* For security reasons we are not allowed to take transactions over the phone.
You can request a refund on your Lancer CA$H account if you are leaving the University. You will need to submit a refund request form by mail, email or in person to the Lancer Card Center. Processing will take 4 - 6 weeks and there is a 10% Administrative fee not to exceed $25. (No refunds will be given if the balance is below $5). Your refund check will be mailed to the address that is registered with the University. If you are moving, please change your address with the University before requesting your refund.
According to the Federal Right to Privacy Act (FERPA), the Lancer Card Center is not allowed to disclose account information to third parties without the account holder's consent. If the student would like their parents to have access to their account information, the student must notify the Lancer Card Center in writing.
Where to Use Lancer CA$H
What's the difference between Bonus Dollars and Lancer CA$H?
- Comes with all meal plans
- Accepted in Campus Dining locations only
- Balance carries over from Fall to Spring only
- Tax Free
- Add your own money any time
- Accepted at on and off campus locations
- Accepted in laundry and vending
- Balance carries over from year to year as long as you are at Longwood