The Payroll Office is responsible for ensuring that all employees of the University are paid timely and accurately while maintaining compliance with federal, state and University regulations and policies.
Full-Time Faculty & Staff PayrollFaculty, Administrative and Professional, and Classified employees are paid on a semi-monthly basis at Longwood University, with paydays falling on the 1st and 16th of the month. When the 1st or the 16th falls on a weekend or holiday, payday is usually the last business day before the weekend or a holiday.
Wage employees are paid on an hourly basis and are limited to working 1,500 hours per year, which is calculated as the 365-day period beginning on the wage employee's first day of employment. Individuals employed in an hourly wage capacity at Longwood are paid on a semi-monthly basis. Work periods are the 1st through the 15th and the 16th through the end of the month. Wage employees must turn in hourly time cards by the submission deadline in order to receive a check on the scheduled pay date. Hours submitted after the deadline will be included on the next scheduled payday.
Student payroll time cards are to be turned in to the Payroll Office once a month. Students are paid 20th of the month except in the summer. Time cards must be signed by the students and the authorized supervisor.
The Academic & Career Advising Center is responsible for managing information regarding student employment opportunities and working with employment managers, and acting as a liaison with the University Accounting Operations office.
Additional Payroll Information
- State moving and relocation guidelines(pdf). - Longwood University may offer reimbursement for moving and relocation expenses for select new administrative and faculty positions. To insure that you receive the maximum reimbursement to which you are entitled, please contact the Longwood University Payroll Office at 434.395.2261. Longwood University follows the
Resources and Forms
- FAQ about Payroll (pdf)
- Direct Deposit Form
- FAQ About Direct Deposit
- 2014 Pay Date Schedule
- 2014 Student Payroll Submission and Check Distribution Schedule
- 2014 Wage Employee Payroll Submission and Check Distribution Schedule
- W-4 Federal Tax Withholding Form(pdf)
- VA-4 State Tax Withholding Form(pdf)
- IRS Forms and Publications
- Virginia Department of Taxation
- Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Social Security Administration
- Policy 4501 Overtime Pay
- Policy 4502 Pay Practices