Accounts Payable is responsible for researching and interpreting complex travel policies pertaining to University travel expenditures and then training University personnel on appropriate procedures. Accounts Payable audits travel and meal reimbursement requests in accordance with state and University policy and procedures. The Commonwealth of Virginia will reimburse individuals traveling on official state business for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred. Travel expense accounts are open to the public and must sustain the test of public review. Travel reimbursements are made by direct deposit to the same bank account as your payroll deposit.
Travel charge cards provide traveling employees with a means of charging expenses incurred while conducting official State business. In order to qualify for a travel card you must travel overnight at least twice a year. In order to begin the application process please have your supervisor send an email to Sylvia Schutt (firstname.lastname@example.org) requesting the card.
Before You Travel
- Request for Travel Authorization (RTA) Number
- Request for Travel Authorization (RTA) 2013 (xls)
- Procedures for Completing Request for Travel Authorization (RTA) Form (pdf)
- Out of Country Permission Form (doc)
- Meal Per Diems (pdf)
- Overtime Meals(pdf)
- In State Lodging Rates(pdf)
- Out of State Lodging Rates(pdf)
After You Travel
- Travel Expense Reimbursement Voucher (TERV) 2013 (xls)
- Procedures for Completing Travel Expense Reimbursement Voucher (TERV) (pdf)