- About the College
- Departments & Programs
- Centers & Services
- Student Organizations
- Outstanding Alumni
- Summer Literacy Institute
- Superintendents Pre-Conference
- Leadership Across the Disciplines Conference
- Second Annual Administrator's Institute
- Hull Longwood Youth Art Exhibit
- News & Events
- NCATE Review 2011
- Information Site for Students
Text Size Print
College of Education & Human Services
Students, pre-service teachers, faculty and staff and the general public are invited to meet Catherine E. Lhamon, U.S. Assistant Secretary of Education for Civil Rights in the U. S. Department of Education, on Monday, April 7 at 4:00 p.m. in the Orr Auditorium, Hull room 132. Ms. Lhamon will speak briefly about current perspectives in education and civil rights and will be available to answer questions. She will also be headlining the Longwood Symposium marking the anniversary of the Prince Edward Free Schools movement later in the evening. More information about the event can be found here.
Recognizing Longwood's New "Pre-Service Teachers"
On February 20, 2014, the College of Education and Human Services hosted a celebration to honor the 138 students who were accepted into the Teacher Education program. Students were given Longwood nametags identifying them as pre-service educators and a commemorative certificate.
Three generations of Longwood alumni welcomed the fourth generation, Taylor Poindexter, into the teaching profession.Taylor’s mother, Stephanie Waddill; Taylor Poindexter; Taylor’s grandmother, Joanne Taylor; and Taylor’s great-grandmother, Hilda Giannotti appear in the photo.
A similar ceremony was held on October 2, 2013 and 128 students were honored.
SPARK by HARK Student Poster Presentation
The SPARK in HARK poster presentation featured the research of 20 students in each of the four disciplines in Health, Athletic Training, Recreation and Kinesiology department. The December 5th event was well-attended by students, faculty and administrators. Several students have been accepted to present their posters at upcoming conferences.
A complete list of the presentations can be found here.
Departments & Programs
- Education and Special Education
- Health, Athletic Training, Recreation & Kinesiology
- Social Work and Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Speech Language Pathology Online
- Call Me Mister
Centers & Services
- Office of Professional Services
- Infant & Toddler Connection
- Institute for Teaching through Technology & Innovative Practices
- Speech, Hearing, and Learning Services
When you come to Longwood University and enroll in a major in the College of Education and Human Services (CEHS), you should know that you have arrived at a "special" place. Read the entire message